Real Deals ESG Conference 2024
- Examine how the sector has gone from ESG laggards to leaders in less than a decade
- The drivers, both financial and social, behind the rapid shift in outlook towards ESG
- Fiduciary versus finality - why the planet cannot wait for a profit-driven response to climate change
- Exploring the need for a more harmonised regulatory framework to support the global efforts of private capital and ESG
Maria Nazarova-Doyle, Head of Sustainable Investment, IFM Investors
Clare Murray, Co-Founding Partner, Blume Equity
Rebecca Svensøy, General Counsel and Head of ESG, FSN Capital
Dr. Serge Younes, Head of Sustainability, Investindustrial
Graeme Ardus, Head of ESG, Triton Partners
- The importance of education for mid-market management teams and early ESG maturity assessment.
- The emergence of ESG DD and how it is driven by the investor landscape.
- How ESG can impact the buyer universe, drive competitive processes, and impact valuations?
- Beginning and end – how is ESG smoothing the onboarding process and providing value enhancement at Exit?
Joanna Daley, Director- Head of Impact, Clearwater International
- Identifying the core risks facing ESG managers in private markets
- What are viable ESG risk mitigation strategies available to private capital
- How to communicate ESG due diligence objectives to investment teams
- Beyond risk mitigation and positive intent, how to select investments that provide viable environmental and social solutions
- Denise Odaro, Chief Sustainability Officer, PAI Partners
- Christine Chang, Head of Impact, Apposite Capital
- Reflecting on differing board approaches to organisational ‘social’ action - should change be enforced or developed organically
- Delving into the statistics underpinning the value of diversity within organisations
- Discussing the gender pay gap, and how firms have approached reducing the long-standing barrier
- How developing diversity throughout a firm will create value throughout the portfolio
Robert Sroka, Partner & Head of Value Creation, Abris Capital
Anne Sheedy, ESG Advisor, Bowmark Capital
Lucie Mills, Partner, Value Creation & ESG, NorthEdge
Build out your ESG ecosystem with five presentations from technology platforms & services
- Position Green - Sustainable Investment
- The benefits of embedding standardised ESG policy and processes throughout a portfolio
- Can supply chains be protected from human rights abuses, corruption or misdeeds
- How to validate improvements along value chains, the third-party accreditations mitigating against malfeasance
- Tools firms can use to embed ESG within their portcos and why knowledge-sharing is so crucial to the swift implementation of solutions
- Bran Pathmanāban, Head of ESG, IP Group
Dr. Sofie Østergaard, Head of ESG, Argentum
Andrea Vallini, Operating Partner, NB Renaissance
Allegra Day, ESG Director, Cinven
Tony Christensen, Senior Manager, Position Green
- As ESG demands grow, budgets and teams struggle with resourcing - can the financial obligations be more equally distributed between parties?
- What is the necessary resourcing for a modern ESG team - size, scope and expertise.
- Can ESG be linked to bonuses and carry? What KPIs define success in this regard?
- Sunk cost or easy value-add - where is ESG adherence headed from a commercial perspective
- How to avoid the pitfalls of SFDR directives
- What is to be expected from TCFD as regulatory updates come into force?
- Will the FCA’s SDR position the UK’s markets as global leaders for climate action?
- Choosing the right benchmark and databases for your organisation, why industry-standards matter
- Practical routes to utilising the mass of ESG data most effectively
- Why collecting, collating and utilising your ESG data will benefit portfolio development in the long-term
- Ovie Iroro, ESG Manager, Endless LLP
- Peter Roberts, Chief Sustainability & Commercial Decarbonisation Officer, Verdane
- Developing ESG strategies can often be caught-up on climate action, but what are the alternatives?
- Why developing a unique ESG approach can best serve your investment strategy
- Understanding where your firm can make the greatest impacts and becoming champions of ‘your’ cause
- Roshni Bandesha, Head of ESG, BGF
- Aga Siemiginowska, Head of ESG, Oakley Capital
Real Deals ESG Conference 2024
- Pragmatic approaches to quantifying and evaluating a variety of ESG metrics
- Understanding the linkages between ESG data, material efforts and value creation
- From due diligence to acquisition to exit - the value of ESG at different stages of the investment cycle
Rebecca Liebel, Head of Munich and ESG & Sustainability, PER
Dörte Höppner, Chief Sustainability Officer, The Riverside Company
Richard Burrett, Chief Sustainability Officer, Earth Capital
Misa Andriamihaja, Private Equity Lead, Institutional Investors Group on Climate Change (IIGCC)
Christine Chang, Head of Impact, Apposite Capital
- The emergence of biodiversity impacts and how investors should prepare for regulation
- How firms can begin to assess exposure to biodiversity risks
- What are the nature-based solutions available to fund managers seeking an alternate course of action
- What are the biodiversity regulatory expectations facing firms
Noëlla de Bermingham, Chief Sustainability Officer, Andera Partners
Maria Carradice, Managing Director - ESG Specialist, Mayfair Equity
- How long until sustainability become an essential element of debt products
- The sustainability drivers behind Direct, NAV and Subscription lines.
- How can sustainable finance become a more attractive new avenue for credit?
- Understand the varied requirements that make sustainable-credit viable
Claire Hedley, ESG Director, 17 Capital
Stephanie Wall, Sustainability Director, Palatine
Katie Cotterell, Senior ESG Manager, Bridgepoint
- Information on ESG mitigation is ever-growing and increasingly burdensome, can firms cut through the tsunami of reporting requests
- How best to engage and communicate the challenges of reporting between LP, GP & Portco
- Aligning attitudes across the value chain, where can efficiencies be created and where are the greatest hurdles
Caroline Löfgren, Chief Sustainability Officer, Hg
Marta Jankovic, Head of Sustainability, Stafford Capital
- The EU’s Article 8 & 9 classifications have come under scrutiny for the ambiguity of how or what justifies the designation. With many concerned the requirements for an Article 9 fund can be manipulated to include high-performing, high-emitting companies.
- The panel will argue for and against examples that can be found in Article 9 funds
- Do ‘activist’ investors create lasting change through ‘impact-focused’ funds?
- The carrot & stick approach - can tying ESG KPIs to carry and bonuses drive faster change
- Gender pay as a reporting initiative - why removing pay gaps is essential element of equity and inclusivity
- Convergence or divergence - a conversation on where European ESG regulation is headed in 2024
- AI as a tool to drive sustainability - how to use emerging softwares to maximise ESG adherence